Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Really Going to Miss it

Last night was my last night as a Temple Ordinance worker at the Provo Temple. I started working there over 3 years ago and have loved everything about it; the people, the workers, the spirit and my constant growth and love for the temple. I knew the day would come when I would have to say goodbye to such a big part of my life but it came a lot faster than I was ready for.

It's a bittersweet feeling. It's the close of one chapter in my life and the beginning of another. I really will miss my weekly time at the temple but I'm excited for the change ahead. I can't wait to be a mom and look forward to the blessings that motherhood will bring.

As I left last night it really hit me, I couldn't help but shed a few tears as I walked out to my car. I was overwhelmed with memories and feelings of the past 3 years there. I feel so blessed to have served in the temple for as long as I did. It has made be a better person and I really will miss it!! However, I know the Lord has bigger things in store for us and I'm looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I love reading your thoughts. You're such an amazing person and I admire everything about you. You're a great example to me! I know your transition to motherhood will go more smoothly because of all the time you spent preparing in the temple. Love ya!

Becki said...

I'm going to echo what Mel said! Tiff I've always been so impressed by your dedication to work at the temple, every week without fail. They are going to miss you so much and I'm sure you'll never know just how many lives you touched by your quiet sacrifice each week. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me! xox