Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby shower and Grandma's 80th!

My mom and sister threw me a family baby shower with the Ficklins and the Slanes. It was a lot of fun to not only see everyone but to be showered with some great gifts! It definitely made having a baby seem a little more real!

The beautiful cupcake collage my mom made. She is so creative but never gives herself enough credit! Mom's are usually like that.

My Sister Kara got our little guy a onesie that reads "My Auntie loves me this much." It is super cute and I'm sure he'll wear it whenever she is around. :)

My two cousins got the baby these little adidas soccer socks. They are seriously so tiny and adorable. Spencer really liked them of course. I obviously got some other great gifts but didn't get pictures of them all. Just know how grateful I am to all who came!

A shot of the family! Thanks everyone for coming!

Later that week we celebrated by Grandma's 80th Birthday! My Grandma Rae is seriously one of the most amazing women I know. My grandparents live next door so I grew up with my Grandma around all the time and couldn't be more grateful for her love and example. She is a women of great faith and self-less service. She would do anything for you and has done so much for me. She has 22 grand children and almost 13 great grandchildren. Even though there are a lot of us we all feel so loved and cared about. She has lived an amazing life and it was great to celebrate her 80th with everyone!

Isn't she the most beautiful grandma in the world! I love her!

Grandma & grandpa with almost all their grandkids!

1 comment:

Kara and Todd said...

You know I love it when you talk about me on your blog! Ha ha. Having that baby shower made me realize how real you were having a baby too!! Weird... Oh, Cute pics of Grandmas 80th btw! :)