Monday, July 20, 2009

Our One Year Anniversary

Well we made it, we have officially been married for one whole year! It's crazy to think back on all of the things we have done this past year but we have loved every minute of it! Being married is wonderful and I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you find a husband as good as mine!

Our anniversary fell on a Saturday and Spencer is currently taking a GMAT course that is on Saturday from 8-12. It worked out perfectly for me though. The traditional gift for the first year is paper, plastic or a clock. So after doing a little googling I put a few ideas together and decided to come up with 365 reason why I love Spencer, write it on post it notes and make an "I Love you" sign on our bedroom wall! I have to admit, it did take a lot of time but it turned out great!! Spencer came home from his class and was WAY surprised! It was perfect!


Then I opened my gift which was a CHI straightener! I have been wanting one forever but could never bring myself to buy it, so Spencer being the sweetheart that he is, got it for me and I Love it! It has an earth facade, so Spencer tied it into our one year anniversary by saying it takes the earth 365 days to go around the sun! It was perfect!

We then pulled out the top of our weeding cake, which has been in our freezer for past year. I am a very traditional girl and I wasn't going to go without at least pulling it out and taking a bite! :) The frosting looked awful and we didn't even try to eat that, but we did cut the cake and take a few bites of it. It wasn't horrible but after a year in the freezer I think it had seen better days.


Then it was off to Park City, we spent the rest of the day shopping at the outlet stores which was a lot of fun. Spencer and I both found some great deals and we were excited about them. We later checked into our hotel room and then headed off to dinner. We walked down Park City Main street and ended up eating at Main street noodle and Pizza which was REALLY good! They have freshly made pizza and it was delicious! We had such a great time and look forward to another wonderful year of marriage!

2 comments:

The Oman Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! We ate our wedding cake on our 1 month anniversary and it was still good. I can't imagine how it would have tasted after a year! Glad you guys had a good day! Glad you are in the family Tiff- we don't have much of a choice with Spencer- so I guess we like him too.

Kara and Todd said...

CUTE!!!