Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ice Cream & Salt









What do ice cream and salt have in common? A really mean April Fools joke! For those of you who know Spencer, he's a big joker and loves playing tricks on people. So I woke up yesterday morning extremely cautious of what he was going to do. I doubled checked the shower before I got in. Slowly opened the fridge, didn't use the sink in case he has stuck a rubber-band around the hose. I was really careful!

When I talked to him later that day, he seemed totally oblivious to the fact that it was even April Fools day! Here I was being so cautious and he honestly didn't remember. So I spent the rest of the day with no worries and didn't even think anymore about it. Well...I should have been more cautious! Last night Spencer was craving something crunchy and I mentioned that we had waffle cones if he wanted an ice cream cone. It sounded good to both of us. So he was in the kitchen making me a cone, while I was in the living room writing an email, totally oblivious to what was about to happen. Spencer gave me my ice cream cone and I took a big lick, expecting it to taste like the delicious chocolate brownie ice cream that I love. When to my horror, he had dump salt all over it!!! It was the sickest thing I have ever tasted!!! It was awful! I yelled his name and of course he came out laughing! I couldn't help but laugh too because it was SO funny!!! He succeeded in pulling off a great April Fools joke!

Minus the fact that my mouth tasted like salt for a while, I have to admit it was really funny and he definitely got me. I guess we'll see what next year will hold....sweet revenge! :)

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Just for the record, I didn't put salt all over the ice cream, i just put it on one side of it. I didn't want to ruin the whole thing, just a part of it :) I would also like to mention that Tiffany was a good sport and didn't get mad at me as I kind of expected!

Rohan Shearer said...

Good job Spencer!

The Oman Family said...

When I told Sam about this he said he couldn't believe that Spencer would waste the ice cream. I think he lost respect for you Spencer ;) just kidding. Still its a good one.