Monday, April 6, 2009

Disaster

Well, this is Spencer typing, and yes this is the first time I have blogged on our blog. We had a very fun, well maybe not so fun of an experience today and I wanted to post it cause I know Tiff wouldn't have wanted to. Anyway, I came home from work at the usual time, around 5:30 and there was Tiff, like usual, in the kitchen cooking dinner (I am so loved and she is so good to me). She decided to be a little more creative today and try something new so she found a recipe online for a bacon cheese quiche. It was only suppose to take about 35 minutes to cook, but even after 45 minutes it still didn't look good. After an hour we decided to take it out because the top was burning, and we were hungry. To our surprise the inside was still really wet and the egg was not cooked. It was really kind of sick to even think about eating it at that moment.


We then tried to fry it in a pan on the stove, but it seems to me that there was so much milk in the egg that they wouldn't really cook and the egg taste was totally washed out, whoever made that recipe must have left something out or said to add way too much milk.


Since we were both hungry and not in the mood to make anything else, we ate leftover German pancakes, which were actually really good. All in all Tiffany was very tired and frustrated and the picture shows it very well :) isn't she cute!! Anyway, it just reminded me of all those stories you hear from old people about how their wives cooked something that didn't turn out, yet they can look back at the frustrating moment and laugh. I love Tiffany and am grateful for all she does and I know she will look back at this and laugh, this blog will be a great reminder :)

6 comments:

Jessica GaleForce said...

Great post! :)

Rohan Shearer said...

Tiff - you look a little frustrated! I'm sure there was something wrong with the recipe. Sounds yummy though!

The Oman Family said...

What a classic! It happens to all of us. What impresses me is that Spencer blogged. Sam never would!

Kara and Todd said...

Wahahaha!!! Well Tiff, atleast you DO cook. And your husband blogs!!! What more could you ask for. ;) Better luck next time... on something more simple.

MJ said...

Thanks for the post Spencer! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has disasters in the kitchen...just ask my sister about my broccoli and potatoes idea--not so hot. I just love that look from Tiff. I have earned many of those in my day! :)

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hahaha, this is very funny. Tiffany really does look way annoyed, ha. You two are such a great couple and we wish we lived closer so we could get together more often! Are you going to Tyson and Ambers goodbye party this next weekend?