Monday, September 7, 2009

Half Marathon!

Well WE DID IT!! All 13.1 miles of it!

If someone were to have told me I would run a half marathon in my lifetime, I would have laughed at them. Seriously! I have only come to enjoy running the past few years and that was when I was running 1-2 miles. It was a little overwhelming when Carrie asked us to run the Half-marathon with her, but I figured if worse comes to worse I could walk the whole thing, right?

Well we spent the summer "training" for our half marathon, it wasn't easy and there were definitely times I wanted to throw in the towel. It was an AMAZING experience! It's a great feeling to accomplish something you think is impossible. I was very proud of myself...even if I was the slowest of the three of us! :)

Spencer's goal was to finish in under 2 hours, which he did in an amazing 1 hour 47 minutes. My goal, besides to finish, was to do it in under 2 and 1/2 hours and I did...barely....I finished at 2 hours and 29 minutes! Not a second too soon:) My mom, my little sister Chantel, and my best friend Becki, along with Spencer and Carrie were at the finish line to cheer me on! I really needed it those last few steps!

One of my biggest fans!
Thanks Beck, for coming!! You're amazing!!

As exhausted, sore and tired as we were after 13.1 miles of running, inside we totally felt like this.....

1 comment:

grant + brittany said...

wow. that is awesome you guys. i am so jealous but also proud. that is an accomplishment! seeing the last picture makes me really want to do it!