Wednesday, August 19, 2009

24th of July,Open house, B-day & Salem days!

Ok so I'm always SO behind on posting about the crazy things that go on in our lives, but I figure as long as it hasn't been a full month I'm good right?!?

Well here are some pics of our adventures on the 24th of July, The Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, Branden's b-day and Salem Days.

24th of July

24th of July BBQ!! Our Favorite part of summer, all the BBQ's!
Dad Cookin' and lookin' good! :)
Spencer Dalen and Harvey(the dog) waiting for the feast to start!
The FEAST!!! Isn't it amazing!! I love my family BBQ's they'll never get old! Enjoying the Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Fireworks! Loved it!

Open House

Spencer and I were lucky to get tickets last minute to the Open house. I really wanted to go so Spencer looked online and found tickets for that night. It is such a BEAUTIFUL temple. I loved it and I love how each temple is so unique in design. It was wonderful and I'm glad we went.
Branden's Birthday!

My little brother turned 19 this month. I swear he can't be that old, I still picture my little brothers as so young but they are growing young men now. We had a delicious Sunday Dinner out on the patio and opened presents!

The tie Spencer and I got him. Isn't it snazzy?!? He loved it and will love having it on the mission.


Salem Days

For the Salem Days Pageant this year they had a "Salem's got talent" competition the night before and the top ten winners played for the program on Saturday night. My little brother Dalen is an amazing pianist and played an original piece he composed. He ended up taking first place in the competition, it was he week that week! This is him playing at the pageant!


Then in between the acts, they had all of the members of the city council come up for a "pie eating contest." I knew there was no way my dad would even try, he's not one to get dirty especially in front of people....well the contest turned into a war! My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. This was my dad when the contest started....
And this is my dad after it was over!!!! LOL, the little white ghost! I loved it!

2 comments:

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Looks like so much fun! Way to go Dalen, and Shan! Wow, I feel old thinking that your little siblings are headed into the mission field. I'm sure you're so proud. I'm proud. You have such a great fam. Love you guys!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I just found your blog through Anna's!!! I'm so happy about this! E-mail me and I'll send you an invitation to mine.
~Dianne

diannemowens (at) gmail (dot) com