Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Break to St. George!

This last weekend was Fall Break for UVU and Spencer and I decided to head down to St. George for a great weekend. We planned on going down just the two of us but it turned out that my family was going down the same weekend!! So we spent the weekend with them which was wonderful.




The "boys" (my two brothers, brother-in-law Todd & Spencer) spent Thursday and Friday at the Golf course. They had a ton of fun! The played all 18 holes and they came back pretty tired! Spencer decided his new hobby would be golf, unfortunately he decided that in the wrong time of year! :)




While the boys were out golfing. The "girls"(My mom, sisters and I) were shopping and had a day at the Spa! It was great! I had my very first full body massage which was to die for, a facial and then pedicures! I got interrupted in the middle of my facial because we forgot to leave the boys the key to the car. So they had no way of going golfing! It was quite the adventure for them. It consisted of calling a few spas in St. George looking for us, taking a taxi to get to the spa and then having the ladies interrupt up for the keys. It was pretty funny when we heard the whole story but needless to say the boys made it to their tee time and we loved our day at the Spa! We were definitely spoiled! Thanks Mom!


Both nights we were at the Tuachan theater where we saw the infamous play "Les Miserables" and then "Big River," which is the Huck Finn story. Both were absolutely amazing. Especially "Big River" because they literally flooded the stage with water for all the river scenes! It was great! Daniel (Spencer's brother) was also down in St. George that same weekend for a volleyball tournement and he was at the plays each night too!


Then to top off our great weekend. We did a session at the St. George Temple which was really neat. It is amazing how white the temple is. The surroundings of St. George are desert and red rock and the Temple is such a gorgeous white color. It was beautiful but what temple isn't? Then we spent the afternoon visiting with one of Spencer's Mission Presidents, President Davies. It was a lot of fun! He is a great guy and you could tell he was a great Mission President. He had nothing but great things to say about Spencer! Just a great reminder I married a great guy! :)



5 comments:

Kara and Todd said...

Tiff! I love that you are blogging! St. George was soooo much fun! I just wish that i felt better. I didn't realize how gorgeous the St. George temple is! How fun!!!! Well, i'll talk to you later. Peace out.

The Oman Family said...

Ohhh, a day at the spa. I am jealous!! I love the picture of your brothers with Spencer and your brother-in-law. It made me laugh! Glad you guys had lots of fun. Again, so jealous of your day at the spa!!!

MJ said...

Yea for a blog! Thanks for joining the blogoshpere and letting me peer into your life a little more often! What a fun trip to St George...I bet the spa day was to die for. What a great girly getaway. love ya!

grant + brittany said...

I can just imagine all the great things his president had to say about him! Looks like it was such a great weekend! I am so jealous about the day at the spa..... how FUN!!

Aubrey said...

I found your blog! I'm so happy you guys have a blog! I think its a great way to stay in touch!